Health Safety and Environmental Manager
The Tamar Bridge and Torpoint Ferry – Tamar Crossings – provide important strategic links between Devon and Cornwall and both crossings carry a combined total of approximately 18 vehicles per annum. The crossings are also a vital link for emergency services.
We are seeking to appoint a Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager to join us in this dynamic environment. This is a crucial role and you will play a key part in delivering and improving the service.
The person we are looking for will:
- have experience of dealing with complex HSE matters;
- extensive experience of working in a complex organisation
- have experience of providing advice to managers on strategic and operational risks;
- be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing;
- be able to manage priorities, meet deadlines and perform well under pressure;
- have experience of the design, implementation and evaluation and continual improvement of health and safety policies, procedures and management systems.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential and experience of emergency planning would be advantageous but not essential. The successful applicant will need to have well developed IT skills and a qualification in health and safety, for example, NEBOSH diploma in occupational Health and Safety.
We can offer you:
Generous holiday entitlement, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, generous maternity and parental leave.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application. Letters, CV’s, or other alternative methods will not be accepted. Presentation of the application form is important and may be assessed as part of the short-listing process. If you have the passion, vision and dedication to perform this busy and important role please apply by 9.00 a.m. on 28th May 2019. Please return your completed application form to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the post please contact David List, General Manager, on 01752 361577.
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 10th June 2019.